Home Kinds of tourism Foreign Orthodox centres, the monasteries and churches of the Russian Orthodox Church
Foreign Orthodox centres, the monasteries and churches of the Russian Orthodox Church
- Holy mount Athos on the Peninsula of Halkidiki, here are the five major monasteries: Lavra of St. Athanasius, Ватопеди, Иверон (Iberian), Хилендари (Хиландар), and St. Dionysius. On the Holy mountain is located the monastery of the Holy great Martyr Panteleimon, belonging to the Russian Orthodox Church. This monastery occupies the 19th place in the hierarchy of the Athonite monasteries. At the end of the XIX century in the monastery lived more than 1,000 monks, now about 50;
- g. Patras, here lie the incorrupt relics of St. Andrew The First-Called;
- the island of Evia (Euboea), where the relics of St. John The Russian Priest.
The island of Cyprus:
- the temple of Lazarus from the tomb and the sacred relics; " the pillar of the Scourging of the Apostle Paul; - катакомбный Church of St. Соломонии.
Serbia and Montenegro:
- Church of St. Nicholas (XII century.); - monastery of Studenica (XII century.); - the Church of St. Peter (XII century.).
- the Church of St. Sofia;
- Alexander Nevsky Cathedral;
- the Church of St. Panteleimon.
- in the city. Bari is the Russian Church, where the relics of St Nicholas the Wonderworker;
- in the city. Amalfi relics of the Holy Apostle Andrew.
- in the city. Saint-Denis the relics of St. Dionysius;
- in the city. Round the relics of the monk Martin of tours;
- in the city. Alsace the relics of the Holy martyrs Vera, Nadezhda, Lubov and Sophia.
Cult places on the territory of modern Egypt:
- on the Sinai Peninsula is the monastery of St. Catherine, where the rest of her incorrupt relics.